Weekly Photo Challenge: Favourite Flower Pics 2017

Erythronium dens canis (dog's tooth violet)

Erythronium from this post:  Woodland Plants – Erythronium dens canis

Dark Spotted Hellebore

Spotted hellebore from this post: Highlights from Harlow Carr – Hellebores

Pink blossom

Pink blossom from this post: Bodnant Gardens In Spring Haute Couture

Forget-me-not

Forget-me-nots from this post: A Rainbow Of Flowers

Digitalis ferruginea (rusty foxglove)

Foxgloves from this post: Wordless Wednesday – Digitalis ferruginea

Colchicums from this post: Colchicums Are Just Alright, Right?

Bee resting on a fancy red dahlia

Dahlia from this post: Wordless Wednesday – Just Resting

Cluster of blue flowers

Geranium from this post: Regular Random – Geranium ‘Havana Blues’

Lilium 'Calvados'

Lily from this post: Wordless Wednesday – Lilium ‘Calvados’

Common primrose | Primula vulgaris

Primroses from this post: Hidden In Plain Sight – Primrose Hearts

Hydrangea flower in a flower

Hydrangea from this post: Flowers Or Modified Sepals – Who Knew?

Funny that I didn’t take a favourite rose picture this year – I mentioned before I’d had a bit of a rose drought in 2017. But this roundup wouldn’t be right without a rose, so I’m sharing one of my favourite rose shots ever, from this post: Pink Rose Gallery

'Wildeve' rose cluster

Shared for the Weekly Photo Challenge: 2017 Favourites

38 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Favourite Flower Pics 2017

1. tonytomeo says:

Forget-me-nots; that would be my favorite, even if the flowers are not as fun in the garden as the others are. The pink flowering crabapple would be the second.

• tonytomeo says:

That is one of the better applications I like them for. The grew wild in the shady forest floor near my Pa’s home in Montara. The light blue contrasted nicely in the shade. Well, I could go on and on and on about them, but I won’t.

Wow, you really make 2017 look good! If I had to pick a favorite, I’d be forever deciding, but I’m certainly drawn to that snoozy bee. This rose is quite the Grand Finale. Another lovely start to my day — thanks!

I really enjoyed the snow day we had the other day when I was in Mississippi, but it’s quite different when you don’t have travel plans and know it is only fleeting. I hope you’re managing to keep warm and cosy.

I had been trying to find a favourite for the year among those I hadn’t posted, then had the idea to do it this way instead, which was much easier.

3. Murtagh's Meadow says:

Beautiful collection. Perfect for reminding us the days will start getting longer tomorrow and spring is now something to look foward too!