25 thoughts on “Wordless Wednesday: Tulip Flower Power

I think this was taken in Birmingham (the US one). I have never got used to travelling the US and coming across signs for Bolton, Oxford, Egypt etc. I always experience a weird, fleeting feeling of ‘where am I?’ when I see one.

The flower heads seem uniform at first glance, but each is at a slightly different angle, and thus, attitude.

It made me think I’d like to see one of those film effects created by taking a picture once a day, then playing them together to get a speeded up version of the flowers growing. Then again, for one who does not like snakes, perhaps not!

Because the speeded-up growth would remind you of a snake? I think the tulips in this were caught at a prime moment: there is still the vestige of bud about them. I would love to wave some kind of wand over them and command them to stay like that.

That would be an in-demand skill! I think the imaginary film would show them wiggling quite a bit to get to their current state.

2. Kit Domino says:

Never used to like tulips but I certainly do now. Oh and a tip for keeping cut tulips from flopping over in a vase or to help erect droppy ones – add a copper coin to the water in the vase. Don’t know why it works but it does.

How strange. A bit like the way you are supposed to put an upside down spoon or fork in an open bottle of champagne to keep it bubbly?

3. calensariel says:

I love pansies. They look so pretty planted in there. Have you seen the movie Tulip Fever? I was surprised by how much I liked it. Really quirky.

4. creativeartphoto says:

It is quite nice, but I much prefer it during the warmer part of the year. The best time to visit it is usually in May. By then should be spring, much warmer and a lot of flowers blooming.
    Also it is a good starting point if you would like to go to Niagara Falls.