Glasgow Street Art: Ingram Street Car Park

Glasgow street art: Picking mushrooms

Glasgow is a creative city where artists and musicians will feel at home. These scenes are part of a huge four seasons wildlife design by street artist Smug: if you can spot the parked cars in the squirrel picture, they’ll help give you a sense of the scale.

Glasgow street art: Hedgehog and harebell

Highland cattle mural

Glasgow street art: Squirrel

Glasgow street art: Fox

Glasgow street art: Badger

Glasgow street art: Mushrooms

I’m sharing this for this week’s photo challenge: (Extra)ordinary. It’s on the buildings adjoining Ingram Street Car Park in Merchant City as part of Glasgow’s Mural Trail in the city centre.

See more posts on art

34 thoughts on “Glasgow Street Art: Ingram Street Car Park

1. Murtagh's Meadow says:

Amazing street art – it’s years since I was in Glasgow but would love to see these in their full glory! Thanks for sharing:)

2. leannenz says:

stunning!!!!!!!!! I am off to a street art festival this afternoon in Tokyo. Will have camera in hand so looking forward to see what I can find!

When a city understands how to celebrate street art and finds great spaces for it, the city seems to come to life. Hope you’re having a wonderful time!

• leannenz says:

I read about it the newspaper a couple of days ago. I misunderstood. I thought it was the grand unveiling today and then a week long celebration. But it is a week of painting! A few artists were on site today and murals beginning to happen. I will have to go back next week to see the finished works!

• leannenz says:

Yes. I am hoping to try and pop back at least a couple of times this week and photograph the progress. a post is the making! Won’t be much of a chore as there are some great restaurants around there as I discovered today!

He paints people too. I watched a film of him painting on YouTube – it’s amazing how he can create something so massive, to scale, freehand.

3. Nicola says:

They’re awesome. It’s amazing how much street art transforms a space. I live in Newcastle, Aus a regional city with an industrial past that is in the middle of reinventing itself. We have an annual ‘hit the bricks’ festival when 15-20 blank walls are transformed by street art. It has increased the vibrancy of our city ten fold!

It would have been nice to have had a little longer to explore – I remember one crossroads in particular where I was being pulled in several directions but could only choose one.

4. Anabel Marsh says:

How nice that this one was recommended by WordPress when you followed me! Their algorithms work sometimes. Many thanks for visiting, I look forward to finding out what else you write about.