50 thoughts on “Pink Roses Having A Snow Day

1. anne leueen says:

Oh my! It looks beautiful but I don’t imagine the roses will do too well with this. Thanks for sharing these photos though it is something special to see them under the snow.

In general, you’re right, although most years I have seen frosty roses and rose buds. The best repeaters will flower right up to the frosts in England.

That might be a blessing! This snowfall was sudden, thick, dryish, leaving the roads clear. It will be gone completely by tomorrow, I’d guess.

2. BeckyB says:

Just occasionally when i see lovely photographs like this I wish we had snow, but then i remember England can’t cope with snow so am then relieved we don’t!!

I know what you mean. Mississippi isn’t any better prepared than we are (you’d probably say they are worse prepared because I don’t think they stockpile salt), but luckily the roads retain heat so the snow that fell on them didn’t stick.

You know, of course, my eyes could barely get beyond the buds! These photos are spectacular, and I thank you for them. The open roses are breathtaking, but those little buds are even beyond that. The graceful bough/bow of buds in that first photo is gorgeous — and it seems to have an echo atop the gate triptych. The rose hips in the last photo have their own kind of grace; I do like the life cycle in that photo. Now we know our misfortune in that roses and snow so seldom appear together. This is rare beauty indeed, and beautifully captured. What a start to my day!

It was an opportunity I couldn’t resist. 2017 had been a relative rose drought for me as I kept being in the wrong place at the right time, but this more than made up for it.