Small Narcissus (Daffodils)

Small daffodils peeking out from the foliage of taller ones

These daffodils looked sweet peeping out through the foliage of taller ones. I saw them at Brent and Becky’s Bulbs. I can hardly believe it has three years ago since we were enjoying their company and hospitality – and, of course, their flowers.

Their show gardens must be at or around their prime now and are so very worthy of a visit. If you fancy a peep, check out this post to see what I mean.

27 thoughts on “Small Narcissus (Daffodils)

You’ve prompted me to recognise I’m quite pernickerty about daffodils. I don’t like to be dazzled by them. I like the smaller ones best – the private rockery Brent and Becky have is delightful. It’s nice if they are multi-headed and I like the trumpet bits to be darker than the outer petals. I’ll never make a Wordsworth.

Liked by 1 person

• tonytomeo says:

How funny. I prefer the simple paperwhites and the old fashioned King Alfred daffodils. The King Alfred daffodils are garish in a neat and simple way. The most adventurous I got was to get the Mount Hood daffodils because I like white so much, but I did not like them as much.

Liked by 1 person

1. Heyjude says:

I like the little ones best, especially as it is very windy here. But something has eaten the tops off my tiny Narcissus ‘Minnow’ – I suspect slugs, but I wasn’t aware they liked these plants!!

Liked by 1 person

I saw a few that had been bitten at Arley Hall the other day. I had half-assumed it was insects or deer, but if it was slugs, they must be the mountaineering kind. I can just imagine them swaying on the stems on their way up as if they were at a funfair, unless they nibbled them when they were just emerging.

Liked by 1 person

I’ve never seen narcissus with the pink center! “Pink Charm,” in your older post, blew me away! And of course I loved the “blowsy petticoats” — more lovely wording. I also love the daffodils up top; I can see how you would be smitten by them. We are bracing for so-called “snow showers” tomorrow, so all these photos are particularly enjoyable.

Liked by 1 person

3. Old Herbaceous says:

I hope you’ve discovered Gibbs Gardens, in North Georgia! Mr. Gibbs has planted tens of millions of bulbs, mostly daffodils, up and down hillsides in his now-public garden. It is a sight to behold when 20 million + daffodils are in bloom! But the garden has many attractions year-round, including tulips and other bulbs, roses, crape myrtles, and a wonderful Japanese garden with many maples. https://www.gibbsgardens.com/garden-photos/daffodil-gardens/.

Liked by 1 person