20 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Textures

Thanks Margaret. My favourite is the third one of the distressed plaster wall – I don’t know how a wall gets to be that colourful, but I love it.

1. Su Leslie says:

Me too for 1 and 3. They both make me want to reach out and touch them (perfect for the theme) and have an almost painting-like effect too. 🙂

I took a series of pictures of the studio wall. I’d secretly love my living room walls to be like that, provided it didn’t mean my house was about to fall down!

• Su Leslie says:

Wouldn’t it be great. I fantasize about buying an old building (probably commercial, with brick walls) and stripping it back just enough to expose the different layers of paint and plaster. 🙂

Though I am taken by them all, I vote for the lichen splats on the number. But then there’s that face, vaguely reminiscent of the Snoopwiggy (or was it the Wiggysnoop?) in the old Raggedy Ann stories — can’t deny that charm.

At first I wasn’t sure what face you meant, as I can see one in the plaster effect… checking online, I think you mean the face on the wooden post on the beach. That’s the picture that feels the most textural to me – I only have to look at a sandy beach to feel like I’ve got sand in my shoes, between my toes.

• Oddment says:

Yes. Sorry to be unclear! I did mean the face on the post. Isn’t it amazing how the brain responds to the image of texture? I can believe that you look at an image of sand and then feel that you have to shake the sand out of your shoes.

3. bittster says:

Beautiful, all of them. If pressed though I would have to say the fourth is my favorite, the lighting and bit of clear sky with rust everywhere is perfectly balanced!