Two Views Of The Isle Of Man

Scenic view, Peel, Isle of Man

We all have our favourite views – the first is one of mine. The couple are taking in the view from Peel Hill on the west coast of the Isle of Man as sun starts to set over the harbour. We’d been hoping to snag the bench ourselves, but, as it turned out, their presence made the view sweeter. When they’d had their fill, they made their way back down, giving us chance to take our turn.

View from Cregneash

The second view shows the land, sky and sea from the village of Cregneash a little further along the coast in the south west of the island.

Shared for the weekly photo challenge, Earth, to celebrate Earth Day, which takes place on April 22nd.

28 thoughts on “Two Views Of The Isle Of Man

No – I don’t think I’ve ever seen one, though I always take a moment to check for a tail if I see a cat over there! Are they easy to get hold of in your part of the world?

• Eliza Waters says:

There are breeders, but I’ve always been able to get mine through farms or as rescues. They are rare, however. Our spay/neuter programs are reducing the number even more, which is a mixed blessing, I suppose.

Liked by 1 person

1. margaret21 says:

I’ve never visited the Isle of Man. Considering the fares to get there seem to be rather more than a trip to the farthest flung parts of Europe, I’m quite surprised anyone does. You’ll have to convince us all in a future post!

Liked by 1 person

That favorite photo has — to me — a contemplative air to it. A worldview. At sundown, no less — it sort of mimics the embrace one feels with the couple. I love the rolling panorama in the second photo, especially the scallops of the ivy as a sort of frame. Thanks for the peacefulness!

Liked by 1 person

I wanted the picture to give a feel for the things that together make the earth special, so that if you were to show it to a person from another planet, it would would help them understand the place. Not just wildness or grandeur, though the view has both of those in a gentle way, but appreciation and contentment – a human perspective. The tragedy of the earth may be not that we didn’t appreciate it, but that we thought so many small(ish) things really didn’t matter.

• Oddment says:

I love the idea that a portrait like this could be used to introduce aliens to this planet. Would that this peacefulness actually were representative of the whole globe! I agree completely about the small(ish) things and their importance.

3. Marian St.Clair says:

Great photos. Your first illustrates a point about benches that relates to garden design–just placing a bench adds a human element–you look out your window and imagine yourself there, whether you have time to sit and enjoy or not.

Liked by 1 person

It’s weird the way our imaginations are so biddable. I believe any decent sized garden should have plenty of resting places. I remember all too well meeting people walking round the garden at Albrighton in high season, hoping to find an empty bench.

4. arlingwoman says:

These are so lovely to see! My ancestors left Jurby in the Isle of Man in the 1750’s to come to the American colonies. I’ve always wanted to go there and when I see the landscape I’m further motivated to plan a trip.